Vertical Strategy Manager
Founded in June 2015, Side is the first “on-demand” online platform that offers a brand-new temp work experience. More personalized, more reliable and more scalable. This experience has been made possible by establishing the community spirit of Siders and by developing the obsession of our team to provide an excellent operational and technological service.
At the beginning of the adventure, Pierre, Hugo, Gaspard and David were teaming up as freelancers to help companies on different digital projects. At this point, a question came up: How only a small part of students could get access to those kinds of opportunities when companies struggle to find help? Side was born.
Today, thousands of people (mostly between 18 and 30 years old) enjoy the coaching and expertise from Side, and work in the best companies in retail, logistics, in startups ... before finding even bigger opportunities.
Side offers more than 3000 jobs every month in 7 cities in France (Paris, Lyon, Lille, Marseille, Aix-en-Provence, Bordeaux and Nantes). And more to come!
The Vertical Strategy Manager will be owning the vertical end to end. Responsible for the Vertical’s P&L, you will be working on the long-term strategy of the Vertical, while leading a cross-functional group of Commercial, Operations and Marketing teams. The ideal candidate should be passionate about our mission, and be thriving in a fast-paced environment.
- Vision: Setting the 1-3 year vision for the vertical
- P&L Responsibility: Working with the Commercial teams to set the pricing and promotional strategy. And with the marketing team on acquisition strategies. Making trade-offs between long-term vs short term gains
- Leading a cross-functional group: consisting of Sales, AMs, Ops, Marketing and Product to execute against the vertical’s vision
- A highly analytical problem-solver: get a thrill from problem-solving, always looking for the next challenge, with a heavy bias on quantifying all options, to derive the optimal solution
- A true relationship builder: has demonstrated proficiency in building relationships with multiple stakeholders, across different levels of the organisation
- Bias for action: enjoy working in an ‘always-on’ environment, where activating the different teams to drive the desired results is a must
- Great multi-tasker: strong organisation skills that allows you to focus on multiple projects at the same time
- 3-5 years of Category Management or Vendor Management experience
- Deeply analytical, with a business acumen
- Strong cross-functional leadership team experience
- Entrepreneurial approach
- Thrive in high performing, fast-paced environment
- Proficient in excel & powerpoint