Front-end Developer - React
Founded in June 2015, Side is the first “on-demand” online platform that offers a brand-new temp work experience. More personalized, more reliable and more scalable. This experience has been made possible by establishing the community spirit of Siders and by developing the obsession of our team to provide an excellent operational and technological service.
At the beginning of the adventure, Pierre, Hugo, Gaspard and David were teaming up as freelancers to help companies on different digital projects. At this point, a question came up: How only a small part of students could get access to those kinds of opportunities when companies struggle to find help? Side was born.
Today, thousands of people (mostly between 18 and 30 years old) enjoy the coaching and expertise from Side, and work in the best companies in retail, logistics, in startups ... before finding even bigger opportunities.
Side offers more than 3000 jobs every month in 7 cities in France (Paris, Lyon, Lille, Marseille, Aix-en-Provence, Bordeaux and Nantes). And more to come!
About the role
To support the growth of our business across France, Side is seeking an experienced React developer to join our team.
Your mission? Use your React experience to push our web applications to the next level. Improve our libraries and bring reusability and consistency to our various front-ends, from React web apps to React-Native hybrid mobile applications. Use your integration skills to bring responsiveness and lightness throughout the different projects you’ll be working on.
What we need your help with
- Own and improve our existing front-end guidelines.
- Leverage React advantages by creating our components library (along with our designers).
- Unify and refactor our codebase through the components library usage.
- Implement clear CI / CD process and coding guidelines for React projects.
- Adopt and deploy a front-end test framework.
- Evangelise front-end integration basics as a habit.
- Ensure cross browser compatibility & testing.
Who you are
- You have advanced knowledge of building cross-browser and responsive web apps.
- Advanced knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3 (and preprocessors).
- Knowledge of React / Redux (early adopter of React).
- Knowledge of package management tools (library mgmt) npm / Yarn.
- Proficiency in writing React applications from scratch.
- Having a testing mindset: unit tests, code reviews, functional tests, etc.
- Comfortable with peer-coding, code-reviews, etc.
- Experience in UI/UX & communication with design.
- Knowledge of the React Native side of the force.
- Experience / understanding of back-end development.
- Working knowledge of task runners.
- Attractive package
- High level of responsibility / autonomy
- Ambitious journey within a close and unified team
- Offsites & team building moments with the team
- Comfortable office in Paris (11ème)