Head of People
Founded in June 2015, Side is the first “on-demand” online platform that offers a brand-new temp work experience. More personalized, more reliable and more scalable. This experience has been made possible by establishing the community spirit of Siders and by developing the obsession of our team to provide an excellent operational and technological service.
At the beginning of the adventure, Pierre, Hugo, Gaspard and David were teaming up as freelancers to help companies on different digital projects. At this point, a question came up: How only a small part of students could get access to those kinds of opportunities when companies struggle to find help? Side was born.
Today, thousands of people (mostly between 18 and 30 years old) enjoy the coaching and expertise from Side, and work in the best companies in retail, logistics, in startups ... before finding even bigger opportunities.
Side offers more than 3000 jobs every month in 7 cities in France (Paris, Lyon, Lille, Marseille, Aix-en-Provence, Bordeaux and Nantes). And more to come!
Become a trusted partner to the co-founders on all HR and people matters. Relying on the company culture, co-founders’ vision and managers’ goals, you are the owner of the organisation and processes to scale the team from 90 to 160+ in a year, with high degree of excellence and making sure every team member loves her/his job everyday. Directly reporting to the co-founders, the Head of People will take the lead on setting up and centralising best practices in terms of HR to help us move to our next growth phase and reach our ambitious goals.
1/ Hire a high performing team aligned with Side values:
- Scale the team from 90 to 160+ talents overall, globally doubling every current BU (Product, Ops, Sales, Marketing)
- Hire key people and managers (Data, Finance, Legal, Sales, Support, International) to build fast on strong foundations
- Make sure we are financially aligned with the Business Plan
- Insure a low 4-month failure rate
- Work on every acquisition channels, building the employer brand for better inbound or relying on the current team network for good referrals
2/ Build the Insider journey:
- Be ultimately responsible of the onboarding process of newcomers, to reach a 9/10 on the onboarding evaluation from new Insiders
- Set up the right salary grid and salary package alongside with our Finance Department to give visibility to every team members on their career evolution at Side
- Develop common tools for managers (perf review, team audit, …) and Insiders (career path, trainings ...)
- Insure key people retention and work alongside with managers to improve the Team Barometer (currently at 8.5/10)
3/ Own the admin side:
- Organize “elections des délegués du personnel” and make sure we are up to date on all admin obligations, working alongside with the HR & Workplace Manager, legal team and our lawyers.
- Master every kind of contracts (forfait jour, cadre / non cadre, heures supplémentaires, travail le weekend, CDD for the support team) and help the HR & Workplace Manager deal with high volume of newcomers working on different kind of contracts.
4/ Make the HR team scale:
- Hire and structure your team
- Manage their performance and inspire them
- 5-7 years of HR and management experience with the day-to-day HR operations of an organization of at least 80 people.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, very operational and process oriented.
- Extremely business-oriented, working closely with managers to understand precisely their needs and challenge them.
- Fully aligned with Side values and co-founders’ vision.
- Attractive package
- High level of responsibility / autonomy
- Ambitious journey within a close and unified team
- Offsites & team building moments with the team
- Comfortable office in Paris (11ème, with yoga and fitness courses :) )