Founded in June 2015, Side is the first “on-demand” online platform that offers a brand-new temp work experience. More personalized, more reliable and more scalable. This experience has been made possible by establishing the community spirit of Siders and by developing the obsession of our team to provide an excellent operational and technological service.
At the beginning of the adventure, Pierre, Hugo, Gaspard and David were teaming up as freelancers to help companies on different digital projects. At this point, a question came up: How only a small part of students could get access to those kinds of opportunities when companies struggle to find help? Side was born.
Today, thousands of people (mostly between 18 and 30 years old) enjoy the coaching and expertise from Side, and work in the best companies in retail, logistics, in startups... before finding even bigger opportunities.
Side offers more than 3000 jobs every month in 7 cities in France (Paris, Lyon, Lille, Marseille, Aix-en-Provence, Bordeaux and Nantes). And more to come!
Side is seeking an Android Developer to join our team in the heart of Paris.
Using your 2+ years of specific Android development experience you’ll take responsibility for the Side Android mobile application both development of new features and the maintenance of it. Leverage Side’s existing microservices architecture to empower and propose an outstanding experience to thousands of freelancers eager to work day after day.
Work with our CTO and Lead Android to:
In the short-term:
- Maintain and update library dependencies.
- Clearly separate data handling code from the UI code.
In the medium-term:
- Create new features using current best practices.
- Use Kotlin or RxJava.
- Always look for ways to improve efficiency and quality.
- 2-6 years experience in writing Android applications in Java (essential) and Kotlin (bonus).
- Experience with interactions with APIs and in-app data mgmt.
- Comfortable with Gradle or equivalent.
- A testing mindset: unit tests, code reviews, functional tests, etc.
- Optimisation of memory and network usage.
- Comfortable with peer-coding, code-reviews, etc.
- DevOps mindset.
- Knowledge of Kotlin.
- Experience maintaining and releasing new versions of an Android app.
- Attractive package
- High level of responsibility / autonomy
- Ambitious journey within a close and unified team
- Offsites & team building moments with the team
- Comfortable office in Paris (11ème)