Back-end (Go) Developer
Founded in June 2015, Side is the first “on-demand” online platform that offers a brand-new temp work experience. More personalized, more reliable and more scalable. This experience has been made possible by establishing the community spirit of Siders and by developing the obsession of our team to provide an excellent operational and technological service.
At the beginning of the adventure, Pierre, Hugo, Gaspard and David were teaming up as freelancers to help companies on different digital projects. At this point, a question came up: How only a small part of students could get access to those kinds of opportunities when companies struggle to find help? Side was born.
Today, thousands of people (mostly between 18 and 30 years old) enjoy the coaching and expertise from Side, and work in the best companies in retail, logistics, in startups ... before finding even bigger opportunities.
Side offers more than 3000 jobs every month in 7 cities in France (Paris, Lyon, Lille, Marseille, Aix-en-Provence, Bordeaux and Nantes). And more to come!
What you will do
Side is seeking an experienced Backend (Go) Developer to join our team in the heart of Paris.
Using your 3+ years of backend development experience you’ll build bulletproof cutting edge web-services. Scale our microservices architecture to propose an outstanding experience to thousands of freelancers -Siders- eager to work differently, day after day.
Work with the product team and your squad to:
In the short-term:
- Master the existing backend codebase.
- Improve the -already existing- qualification system to translate profiles' soft and hard skills into structured and reusable data.
- Leverage the qualification system to improve the matching between profiles and tasks.
In the medium-term:
- Contribute to the future architecture that'll enable Siders to manage their schedule and availabilities through Side.
- Strengthen our microservices processes by pushing forward gateway architecture.
- Aim for a fault-tolerant microservices architecture to handle the unforeseen.
- 3+ years experience in Golang / C / C++ or any low level programming language.
- Specific experience in Golang.
- Solid basis in database-interfacing API versioning.
- Strong knowledge of REST and HTTP design patterns and their evolutions.
- TDD mindset.
- Optimisation approach.
- Comfortable with peer-coding, code-reviews, etc.
- Experience interfacing different database types (no-sql to sql etc).
- Mastery of WebSocket, async patterns, alternative communication protocols to interface systems.
- DevOps mindset - you know your pipeline.
- Attractive package
- High level of responsibility / autonomy
- Ambitious journey within a close and unified team
- Offsites & team building moments with the team
- Comfortable office in Paris (11ème)